Reports to Director | Middle School and High School
GDQ International Christian School seeks to provide a Christ-centered, academically
enriching, international education for the missionary and international business
community. At GDQ the Bible and a Christian worldview serve as a foundation and
integrating core for all learning. In light of our mission and educational philosophy, we
are looking for qualified teachers with a desire to
- grow in their ability to teach from a biblical worldview;
- provide for the spiritual, intellectual, physical, social and emotional development of our students;
- embrace the school’s multicultural environment;
- and partner with colleagues, leadership, and parents in enhancing our school culture.
Areas of Responsibility
- Collaborate with instructional staff in the development and evaluation of campus educational programs to enhance student achievement.
- Collaborate with instructional staff in evaluating and selecting instructional resources to meet student learning needs.
- Facilitate and assist with the development of an effective campus improvement plan based on student needs.
- Coach and train teachers to utilize various instructional strategies to meet student learning needs.
- Model effective classroom management and instructional techniques that when appropriately implemented by the classroom teacher will lead to improved student performance.
- Provide leadership in the identification, evaluation, and selection of instructional programs, resources, and equipment with regard to increased student achievement.
- Assist/ take the lead in curriculum review committees in line with the GDQ curriculum review cycle.
- Become an ‘expert’ in Curriculum Trak, provide support for teachers in lesson and unit planning.
- Regularly review curriculum maps to ensure that all areas of the unit maps are up to date.
- Regularly review and lesson plans on Curriculum Trak of all secondary staff (class teachers and specials teachers)
- Regularly run reports on Curriculum Trak to monitor assessment of standards and ESOs.
- Meet with secondary and EAL teachers to ensure that students with IEPs are accessing the curriculum at an appropriate level. Liaise with HS and EAL teachers to track and monitor progress of students with ELPs and or IEPs.
- Oversee the implementation of ELPs and IEPs.
- Obtain and use evaluative findings to examine curriculum, instructional program, and assessment effectiveness.
- Maintain a positive and effective relationship with co-workers.
- Effectively communicate with colleagues, students, and parents.
- Consult with parents, teachers, administrators and other relevant individuals to enhance their work with students.
- In liaison with the SMT, guide the strategy of the secondary school.
- Assist with overseeing secondary student admissions.
- Advise the director on staffing needs and assign recruited staff to appropriate positions in the secondary school.
- Assist with the induction of new staff and transition of leavers.
- Manage the report card process for the secondary school.
- Oversee external examinations and administration of (or via delegation of).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ultimate decision maker for secondary school academic issues in consultation with SMT.
- Advise SMT on all issues concerning the secondary school sector and help create an agenda with the SMT chair for meetings.
- Oversee curriculum management. Delegate decisions regarding curriculum, assessment, and finances as desired.
- Work with SMT regarding financial and human resource management of secondary school teachers.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least degree level and teaching qualification (Masters preferred).
- Extensive professional experience in education.
- Some understanding of international education.
- Good leadership and people management experience.
- Mature Christian, able to provide spiritual leadership to people from diverse Christian backgrounds.
- Preferred but not required: Several years of work experience in Albania.
- Preferred but not required: Satisfactory level of spoken Albanian.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Co-chair secondary school staff meetings and briefings.
- Co-chair secondary school admission meetings.
- Assist in the scheduling of secondary school teachers and classes with appropriate staff and office personnel.
- Organize staff absence cover for lessons when staff are away.
- Help to line manage secondary school faculty.
- Member of Senior Management Team (SMT).
- Member of Crisis Management Team (CMT).
- Lead learner for secondary faculty.
Skills, Attitudes, Behaviours
- Good leadership, networking, and team building skills.
- Good and healthy communication skills – listening, verbal, and written.
- Diplomatic and able to find consensus in situations of disagreement.
- Open to the ideas and wisdom of others.
- Strategic thinker.
- Comfortable in the “chair” at a wide range of meetings and forums.
- Strong in networking and in strengthening relationships.