Reports to Head of Lower School | K8 Campus
GDQ International Christian School seeks to provide a Christ-centered, academically
enriching, international education for the missionary and international business
community. At GDQ the Bible and a Christian worldview serve as a foundation and
integrating core for all learning. In light of our mission and educational philosophy, we
are looking for qualified teachers with a desire to
- grow in their ability to teach from a biblical worldview;
- provide for the spiritual, intellectual, physical, social and emotional development of our students;
- embrace the school’s multicultural environment;
- and partner with colleagues, leadership, and parents in enhancing our school culture.
- Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge with the ability to deliver the curriculum as relevant to the age/ability of the class.
- Help students think about the subject matter biblically and critically (presenting information in such a way as to reveal the character, nature, or handiwork of God).
- Plan and teach well-structured lessons.
- Help develop and keep curriculum documentation updated, following the progression of a long-term plan and submitting weekly plans onto Google Drive and/or Curriculum Trak.
- Have a clear understanding of the needs of all students, including those with EAL and special educational needs and, thereby, adapting teaching and incorporating EAL strategies to respond to the needs and strengths of all students.
- Set high expectations that inspire, motivate, and challenge students.
- Manage behavior effectively to ensure a positive and safe learning environment.
- Assign homework to consolidate and extend knowledge and understanding.
- Make accurate and productive use of assessments, monitoring progress, setting targets and informing subsequent planning for learning.
- Promote student progress and outcomes by providing regular feedback verbally and in written form.
- Prepare grade card/report cards in line with school policy.
- Try at all times to understand, appreciate, love and serve students in his/her care.
- Observe appropriate confidentiality in regard to student, parent and school matters.
- Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of students in line with the GDQ Child Protection Policy.