Reports to Head of Sector | K8 or HS Campus
GDQ International Christian School seeks to provide a Christ-centered, academically
enriching, international education for the missionary and international business
community. At GDQ the Bible and a Christian worldview serve as a foundation and
integrating core for all learning. In light of our mission and educational philosophy, we
are looking for qualified teachers with a desire to
- grow in their ability to teach from a biblical worldview;
- provide for the spiritual, intellectual, physical, social and emotional development of our students;
- embrace the school’s multicultural environment;
- and partner with colleagues, leadership, and parents in enhancing our school culture.
- Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge across the K-5/ 6-8/ 9-12 sector.
- Plan and teach well-structured lessons, adapting teaching to respond to the needs and strengths of students.
- Help students think about the subject matter biblically and critically (presenting information in such a way as to reveal the character, nature, or handiwork of God).
- Set high expectations that inspire, motivate, and challenge students.
- Work intensively with individuals students, in a one-on-one situation and in a whole class context (as appropriate) on specific aspects of language development.
- Promote good progress and outcomes by students.
- Make accurate and productive use of assessments.
- Manage behavior effectively to ensure a positive and safe learning environment.
- Try at all times to understand, appreciate, love and serve students in his/her care.
- Observe appropriate confidentiality in regard to student, parent and school matters.
- Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of students in line with the GDQ Child Protection Policy.
- Develop English Language Plans (ELP) for EAL students, in liaison with class
teachers and subject teachers as appropriate.
- Conduct meetings with parents to discuss initial ELPs.
- Arrange regular ELP review meetings with parents.
- Work collaboratively with class teachers and subject teachers (as appropriate) to review achievement of ELP target and set new targets.
- Ensure that ELPs are kept up to date (keeping records of relevant assessments and data).