The GDQ International Christian School Board understands its primary purpose as ensuring that GDQ achieves the stated ends on behalf of the clients, and avoids unacceptable actions and situations.
The philosophy of governance includes governing with:
- Integrity in all methods and practices
- Broad Body of Christ vision rather than internal preoccupation
- Strategic leadership more than administrative detail
- A clear distinction of Board and Director roles
- Respect for diversity of opinion in the decision making process
- Collective rather than individual decisions (speaking with one voice)
- A future rather than past or present orientation, and
- Proactivity rather than reactivity.
The Board is composed of two legally appointed representatives from Christar and Global Mission Pioneers. In addition to these organization, other board members are appointed by the board. The Director is a non-voting member of the board.
Though the members of the board come from a variety of backgrounds and professional experiences, they are bound together by their commitment to God, the school, and a wider commitment to excellence in Christian education.
It is a joy for me to serve the GDQ community. My wife and I have three children at GDQ. We love GDQ – from after school sports to Middle School Elevate to some of the best music and drama events we’ve attended! The teachers have significantly impacted our kids as Christ followers. If you’d like to talk about anything related to GDQ Board work, I’d be glad to sit down for a coffee or set up a call.
-Josh Miekley, GDQ Board Chair
Board of Directors Composition
Albanian Encouragement Project | Mrs. Ornela Pica
Christar | Mrs. Julee Schoch
Christian Missions in Many Lands | Mr. Joshua Miekley (chair)
European Christian Mission | Mr. Joshua Reeve
Global Mission Pioneers | Ms. Priscilla Park
Independent | Mr. Hugo Ramos
LinkAcross Albania | Mr. Jeff Barrett
GDQ Director | Ms. Lori Neuman